Get the latest offers and discounts from MuscleFood sent direct to your inbox.
Strawberry Swirl Protein Cheesecake
You know when you make a protein version of something that actually tastes as good as a non-protein version? Yeah – this is one of those times! Dive face-first into this delicious protein treat…
By Georgina Spenceley
- Calories: 208kcal
- Protein: 18g
- Carbs: 11g
- Fats: 10g
- Fibre: 0.5g
|Compare||Georgina's Recipe||Standard Recipe||Difference|
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (160C fan)
- Core and roughly chop the strawberries.
- Heat in a pan along with the water, lemon juice and arrowroot until soft.
- Blitz the mixture in a blender and return to the pan, bringing to the boil.
- Add the stevia (if using), and continue to stir until thick (30-40 minutes). When you draw a spoon through the mixture and it leaves a gap for a few seconds you know it’s done.
- Remove from the heat to cool while you make the cheesecake.
- Crush the biscuits in a blender or by battering.
- Mix with the coconut oil and then press the mixture firmly into a lined 20cm spring-form tin and cool in the fridge.
- Mix the quark, cream cheese and Muscle Mousse together in a mixing bowl – working to remove any lumps.
- Scrape the mixture on top of the biscuit base, smoothing with the back of a spoon.
- Dollop the cooled jam on top of the cake, then swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake – the top shouldn’t colour too much and the middle should still wobble – it will set further as it cools.
- Once returned to room temperature, set in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of leftover jam.