Easter weekend is just round the corner and what better than to dive into a homemade cosy chicken pie😍
Serves 6. Per Portion: 435kcals, 39g protein, 9.3g fat, 47.3g carbs
4 x MuscleFood Chicken Breasts
80g x Eat Lean Protein Cheese, grated
50ml x MF Whole Eggs
2 red onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
12 sheets of filo pastry
400ml semi skimmed milk
30g light butter
1 tsp dill
1 tsp oregano
Low calorie oil spray
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Place chicken in pan, cover with water and simmer for 30 mins, once cooked remove from pan and leave to one side to cool.
- Once cool shred, using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce – melt butter and sauté the onions and garlic until softened
- Remove from the heat and stir in flour.
- Once it has combined, gradually add the milk (stirring constantly to prevent lumps or sauce sticking).
- Add dill, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place shredded chicken in bowl, pour over sauce, then add grated eat lean cheese and eggs then mix well.
- Spray baking dish with low calorie oil and place 2 sheets of filo pastry on bottom (allow excess to hang over side of dish) spray oil again add 2 more sheets in opposite direction.
- Repeat this step again (6 filo sheets used in total).
- Spoon chicken filling onto the filo sheets and spread evenly.
- Fold the excess pastry from sides over onto the mixture.
- Layer remaining 6 filo sheets using the same method as for the base, tuck excess into the pie to give a smooth top.
- Spray top with low calorie oil spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut pie into 6 serving sizes (be sure to cut through to bottom).
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with green vegetables.