This authentic Chinese dish is the perfect way to celebrate Chinese New Year!
Sat Fat: 2g
· 100g basmati rice
· 200g green beans - topped and tailed, then halved
· 1 tbsp sunflower oil
· 140g pork mince
· 4 tsp dark soy sauce
· 2 tsp rice wine
· 1 tsp caster sugar
· ¼ tsp Sichuan pepper - lightly crushed
· 1 red chilli - halved and sliced
· 4 fat garlic cloves - finely chopped
· 1 small knob of ginger - finely chopped
· 3 spring onions - 2 finely chopped, 1 sliced for garnish
· 2 tsp sesame oil
1. Cook the rice according to packet instructions whilst boiling the beans for four minutes.
2. Drain under cold water, pat dry and set to one side.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp. oil in a large wok over a high heat and add the pork.
4. Fry for a few minutes then stir in half the soy, rice wine and sugar.
5. Cook for a further 30 seconds then tip onto a plate to rest.
6. Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and add the pepper, chilli, garlic, ginger and onions.
7. Fry for two minutes before adding the beans.
8. Allow the beans to warm through then add the mince and fry for another two minutes.
9. Stir in the rest of the soy and sesame oil.
10. Scatter with spring onions and serve with the rice.