Enjoy all of the flavour with less of the calories with our bigger, healthier Mac burger
Ditch the take-away this weekend with our bigger, healthier Mac burger! Full of flavour but with less of the calories, this healthy alternative to your favourite take out treat tastes just as good if not better!
- Calories: 405kcal
- Protein: 40g
- Carbs: 30g
- Fats: 14g
- Fibre: 1g
- 170g Lean Steak Mince
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. light mayo
- 1 tbsp. light ketchup
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. sweetener
- 1/8th of onion
- 1 gherkin
- Chunk of lettuce
- 1 ½ buns
- 1 slice of light cheese
- Place the mince into a bowl and season with salt and pepper before mixing everything up with your hands.
- Then take half of the mixture and shape it into a patty making it really thin.
- Repeat the process with the other half and set onto a baking sheet to go into the oven under the grill.
- While it grills, make the sauce by placing the mayo, ketchup, mustard and sweetener into a small bowl and mix it up.
- Set aside your sauce and finally dice the onion then set to one side for later.
- Now, slice your gherkin nice and thinly and set aside with the onion then shred your lettuce.
- Once your burgers are cooked through, plate up by spreading some sauce over the bottom of a bun, top with the lettuce, cheese and burger then add your onion and some gherkin.
- Repeat this process until you have a two tiered stack then finish it off by adding the bun top.
- Give everything a gentle squeeze together then tuck in!