Want to keep your energy levels up during lockdown without succumbing to sugary snacks? These almond and blueberry protein balls are sure to hit the spot!
Life in lockdown can be pretty boring at times, and sustaining a healthy lifestyle with temptation at every turn can be tricky. When it comes to snacks, it can be especially hard to keep your focus and resist sugary sweets and fat laden crisps when we’re spending more time at home and the kitchen cupboards are within an arms reach.
But why not beat the boredom and make the most of the extra time on your hands by making your own healthy snacks? Perfect for a quick protein hit, these almond and blueberry energy balls are packed full of goodness and are sure to cure those hunger cravings when they strike.
· 180g medjool dates
· 65g almond butter
· 55g almonds
· 40g hemp protein
· 35g date syrup
· 25g freeze dried blueberries
1. Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until crushed
2. Add the rest of the mixture and pulse until they are fully mixed
3. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a 50g ball and continue to do this until you’ve used up all the mixture
4. Place in an air tight container and store in the fridge
Alternatively, for pre-made protein balls why not check out Kate Percy's Go Bites? Great for chocolate lovers and the perfect snack for on the go, these little balls of energy are packed with protein power! Shop the range here.