How to cook the perfect turkey to wow your guests on Christmas Day.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 hours
1 x MuscleFood 3/4kg Christmas Turkey
150g softened butter
225g streaky bacon
Extra wide cooking foil
Serve with all the trimmings
Step by Step:
1. Preheat oven 220c / Gas 7
2. Arrange 2 sheets of extra wide foil across the roasting tin – one lengthways, one
widthways (enough to wrap the turkey for cooking)
3. Cover the whole turkey with the butter, making sure to cover thigh bones well
4. Place the turkey in the foil, lay rashers over the breast – overlapping them
5. Wrap the foil around the bird – bring one piece up fold ends to make a pleat, repeat with other piece.
6. Place roasting tin on low shelf for 30 mins
7. Lower heat to 170c / Gas 3 cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours
8. Fold back foil from the top of the bird, remove bacon strips to allow skin to brown
9. Turn heat up to 200c / Gas 6 and cook for a further 40 mins
10. Baste the bird regularly at this stage and test to see if it is cooked *
11. Remove turkey from roasting tin – try and drain out any juices inside the bird into roasting tin.
12. Place turkey on warm carving dish, cover with loose turkey foil
13. Leave in warm place to rest for 30 mins
* Top Tip ‐ Pierce the thickest of the leg and breast with a thin skewer, the juices running out should be clear there should be no trace of pinkness in the juices.