This low calorie, high protein biscoff biscuit and salted caramel cheesecake is sure to hit the spot
The perfect tasty treat when you fancy a hit of sweet caramel without the calories, this biscoff and caramel cheesecake is thick, tasty and a little bit of heaven. Made with fat free quark and caramel protein powder instead of full fat cheese and high sugar caramel, you can tuck in knowing it's actually good for you (and your waistline) too!
Nutritional value (per serving)
163 kcal, 10.7g Protein, 17.8g Carbs, 4.9g Fat, 0.9g Saturated Fat, 262 mg Sodium
• 175g biscoff biscuits
• 10g Cocoa Powder
• 80g Reduced Fat Butter
• 700g Fat Free quark
• 60g Salted Caramel Casein Protein
• 1.5 tsp Caramel Essence
• 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
• 1 tsp Salt
• 30g Sweetener Powder
• 1 Large Whole Egg
• 100 mL Egg Substitute
1. To make the base, place the plain biscuits and cocoa powder into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl for 60-90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Pour the melted butter into the biscuit crumb mixture and blend for 10 seconds until well combined.
4. Press the base mixture into the grease lined springform cheesecake tin. You can use your fingertips or the back of a spoon.
5. Transfer to fridge and cool for 10 minutes.
6. To make the filling, combine the fat free quark, the vanilla & caramel essence’s, protein powder and sweetener in a food processor for 30 seconds on a low setting or until mixed through.
7. Place the filling in the now cooled base, and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
8. Once the cheesecake is set, crumble any left over biscoff over the top as a topping.