Looking for inspiration for low cost healthy meals? Look no further!
Tired of the same old hum-drum meals for dinner? Want to cook healthier meals but don't want to over spend? I've put together some recipes to inspire and tickle your taste buds, enjoy!
🍔Meal 1: Nutrient Burger
- 1 Extra Lean Sweet Chilli Chicken Burger
- 30g eat lean cheese
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1 Warburtons brown sandwich thin
- 1 small onion
- Half a red pepper
- Salt & pepper to season
Calories: 347. P40.
Price: £1.82 per serving
- Prepare your veg ahead of time; sautee your onion and pepper together (add seasonings if you like). Leave to sautee on a low heat while you cook the rest of your meal.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the burger on a medium heat until brown on one slide, flip and cook the other side until piping hot
- Grate the cheese
- Pop the sandwich thin in the toaster if you want to heat it up slightly
- On one half of the burger thin, place your burger. Put your cheese on top, some of the sauteed veg mix, and some lettuce.
- On the side, put some shredded iceberg lettuce and the remainder of your onion & pepper mix and enjoy!
🥢Meal 2: One Pan Lean Stir Fry
- Half a sachet of Yo! Sushi Sticky Yackatori BBQ
- Half pack of Bare Naked Noodles
- 130g Extra Lean beef mince
- 150g frozen stir fry mix
- Handful of spinach
315 calories. 31g protein .
Price: £3.21 per serving
- Drain and rinse the noodles
- Over medium heat in a non-stick pan, cook your frozen veg mix until it is hot but before it begins to brown
- In a bowl, mix together the beef mince and half the sauce
- Add the lean beef mince to the veggies, distribute evenly and cover with a lid
- After 3-4 minutes, stir the mix to cook the rest of the beef and add the remainder of the sauce
- Let this simmer uncovered until most of the liquids have cooked off
- Add the noodles and stir it all together
- Simmer until the noodles are hot and the sauce is your desired consistency
- Plate up with a side of spinach with salt sprinkled on top (you can also cook the spinach into the stir fry if you like!)
🥗Meal 3: Supergreen chicken & roasted veggies
- 1 supergreen chicken breast
- 200g butternut squash
- 100g frozen broccoli
- 1 small onion
- 80g baby tomatoes (approx 7 tomatoes)
- Round lettuce - handful
- Frylight oil - 3 sprays
Calories: 408. P41.
Price: £2.94 per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Chop your butternut squash into thumb sized chunks
- Add the squash and frozen broccoli
- Cook both the squash and broccoli in boiling water for ~ 5 minutes (you can skip this, but I find they roast better if you do this)
- Chop the onion into chunks, and get the tomatoes ready
- Assemble all the veg on a large baking tray, and spray with oil
- Place the chicken breast in a small roasting dish. Cut open the crumb sachet and sprinkle evenly all over the chicken breasts.
- In another shelf in the oven, place the veg
- Cook chicken & veggies for 25-30 minutes, until the veg is turning golden brown and juices of the chicken run clear