Ingredients: (serves 3-4)
1/2 cup smooth nut butter (we used cashew)
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
A few drops of MF caramel stevia drops
2 tbsp coconut flour
For the topping:
85g of dark chocolate - (melted with 2 tbsp agave or guilt free syrup)
Enough nut butter to spread over fudge
A big handful of chopped Almonds and Cashews
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder and coconut flour. Mix well.
2. In a small pan over a medium heat, add the nut butter, coconut oil, stevia drops (if using) and syrup.
3. Stir constantly until the nut butter and coconut oil has melted and a smooth, runny mixture is formed.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the melted mixture into the dry mixture bowl (protein powder and coconut flour). Mix together until well combined.
5. Line your Tupperware box with your parchment/grease proof paper. Pour in your fudge mixture and use a spatula or the back of a tablespoon to spread the mixture out so that it's evenly spread and smooth on top.
6. Place into the freezer to set for 25-30 minutes.
7. For the topping, chop your chosen nuts and melt your chosen dark chocolate. Once the fudge has set, remove it from the freezer. (There is an option here to spread the fudge with some more of your chosen nut butter before you add the chocolate layer to increase the nutty snickers flavour).
8. Pour your melted dark chocolate over the top of the fudge and use the back of a poon to spread it out evenly. Quickly before it start to set, sprinkle over your chopped nuts (the chocolate needs to still be melted so that the nuts stick to the the fudge).
9. You would also sprinkle over your cocoa nibs at this point if you're using them.
10. Place the fudge back into the freezer for a further 20-25 minutes until the chocolate layer has completely set.
11. When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and slice into 10-12 chunks and enjoy!
Note: If removed and placed into the fridge, it is recommended to consume with in 3 days. Or you can keep them stored in the freezer and just take one out when you fancy eating one!)