Ingredients: (serves 3-4)
170g sweet potato boiled and mashed
2 scoops chocolate whey protein
1 heaped tbsp. baking powder
1 whole egg
1 egg white
45g smooth nut butter
50g Greek yoghurt
1 scoop coconut flour
2 heaped tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1-2 tbsp. almond milk (depending on consistency)
Chocolate liquid SF stevia drops (optional for added sweetness)
Sugar free jam (you can fill it with any healthy filling of your choice i.e. healthy cream or a protein buttercream etc.)
100g 85% dark Chocolate
Sukrin sugar free icing sugar alternative
1. Combine all the dry Yule Log ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
2. In a separate bowl, Combine the wet ingredients and whisk together.
3. Finally, pour the wet into the dry ingredients and whisk together thoroughly until smooth.
4. Line a flat rectangular large baking tray with grease proof paper.
5. Pour the mixture onto the tray and use a spatula to spread out evenly into thin layer.
6. Bake at 170 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and check using a knife that the inside is cooked.
7. The cake has to be very moist to be able to roll so avoid over cooking, keep an eye on it.
8. In the meantime, behind melting your bar of dark chocolate.
9. Once removed, whilst still hot, immediately spread over your sugar free jam. Then carefully, using the baking paper, roll up your Yule log.
10. (Don't worry if the cake splits, you will be able to cover this to make it even with the chocolate topping).
11. Once you've rolled up your Yule log, cover the entire sides and top with the dark chocolate, filling any cracks or breaks.
12. Repeat this step twice to ensure a thick outer layer. Pop the cake into the fridge to set.
13. Keep checking the cake as you want it to be almost set but not firm as you need to be able to create the bark effect.
14. Once chocolate layer is almost set, use a fork to create the swirly bark detail.
15. Once completed, place back into the fridge to harden (this won't take very long).
16. Then, remove the cake ready for decorating. Add any toppings you wish and then to finish it off, use a sieve to dust the calorie free icing sugar over the top to create the snow effect.