We've updated this classic Christmas treat with a dose of protein
Gingerbread men are a classic Christmas treat we all know and love, but we’ve put a Musclefood twist on the festive favourite to make it slightly healthier, but still taste good!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 mins
40g (4 level scoops) of protein powder
250g almond flour
100g coconut oil
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tbs honey/agave/molasses
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add in the coconut oil, egg, milk and honey and mix together using your hands until a dough is formed.
3. Sprinkle some extra almond flour on a clean surface and roll out your dough until it is 1cm thick.
4. Use cutters to cut out your gingerbread shapes and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 180 for 10-15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
5. Place on a baking rack to cool down. Once cooled, decorate them to your liking.